Monday, August 17

Leadville 2009 Results

Link to results http://www.milliseconds.com/races/detail/1204

One Big and Two Small Leadville Buckle Trophies

Although 2 hours slower than 2007 sub-9 effort can't say I'm not happy, finished it Single Speed rigid fork with too stiff a gear ratio. My goal was to give the big buckle a shot again with 9-10 hrs reasonable. We'll after fighting traffic on first climb with a slow cadence like abusive patience, the first forty miles went well enough(2:50ish minutes). Maybe I should have spun out the start like a hamster on a turbo wheel to avoid more of the first climb madness. Either way I have a feeling columbine climb would have crushed me with 32x19 29'er. The other SS'ers around me we're in a much easier gear no doubt! So at top of Columbine 45minutes slower than 2007 I knew the rest of the day was going to be a causual event for me.

I saved my legs for other 2009 races walking alot. It was fun to see all the other MN riders, other SS'ers, all the Women and such (passed by 500?). I have all the respect for every racer. Like Sam St.P from MN who completed is 10th time this year, wow. Steve W. from ND finishing near 11hrs first time. Dan D finishing way under 9hrs again. Did I wish I had gears and/or suspension, nope, not once. I had a good day and knew I'd finish again. The Origin-8 Black Ops rigid fork worked great. My arms are fine after round 3. 3 tries, 3 buckles, unless you've done Leadville MTB 100 you have no idea!!! Nice job to all from MN it was great to see you all. Better than seeing Lance for me anyway.

Thanks to my Dad and daughter Alta for coming out. It was a great time for all of us hanging out in Leadville, Denver and even a side trip to Breckenridge. So there. See you all soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angered Squirls are red. I don't want to be in striking range til you've gathered the proper quota of nuts for the winter...

Way to live the 40+ bike dream!

We have til Sat to decide...

Out.

Anonymous said...

what's the 2 4 riddle? sqrl jr in.