Monday, January 14

Hillside Race Jan 13th

Hillside was a blast. The course was so fast got beat by a skinny tire! Hogland is usually fast early season, good job Dave! Pugs went out first then skinny's, w/Jr., starting 3 m behind. During race I had no idea where skinnies we're at timewise, never saw'em. All good. Close to 50 people came out. I won the PUG cat, scored 2nd overall. Duncan didn't have much interest in racing til he remembered my homemade studded tires. I mounted them up & squrrel jr was in. A few pics of sqerl jr. in colors. Nice job kiddo!!! THE RACE: The pugs(tank bikes) took off w/prelude down & back on the dirt road. Off the start Kevin led for a bit then looked around & said, not me. I said yeah, it'll be a long race. After a bit Larry took the lead to turn around. At turn around Larry, Kevin, Lonny & I came around first. I hung but didn't push too hard back to trail. At trail entry I hammered, got beside Larry but bobbled, entered woods 3rd behind Larry & Lonny. Larry hammered pretty hard for the first section. Lonny sketched, I slipped by him. It took me until til near sec4 to catch Larry. Then he went fishtail, off-camber point on a bad log, I passed. He stuck near most of the race. We continued to pull away. Held for lap and a half 2win. It's hard to explain but holding race pace on a PUG sure is a good time!!! Racing, it's been a while. I know everyone there enjoyed it the same way....great to see all the LCR colors. Jessica and Teel even showed up, nice work J Moe! Fast snow. Awesome crowd. After party. Lotzo schwag. LCR sisters outing after. Next race, Feb 17, Hillside. Race Results see Dana Pic link on right

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roger that...

Didn't know what to expect being only 2nd hour on new clown bike... Fun times minus frozen camelback (rookie move)...

Good pace sister!!!

Good job to Squirl Jr for suffering with a smile... He'll have the mental toughness of a mule by the time he's driving the Squirl family mini-van...

FG out.

Anonymous said...

Ridlin fru-tah hey? I cringe in a pirate outcry with each oppourtunity. FG sidways with limited capital T. Thursday eve for another artic river adventure.

Anonymous said...

We loved the Pugs! Fat Tires all the way!
Lothar rules again!

Teel & Jess

Anonymous said...

KA KAAAH KA KAAAH !!

Matt said...

Looks like some fun times!

Yeah pb100 has sort of played itself out with me. Check out the Breckenridge 100. I've done it 2 years now and I'm addicted to it. Singletrack all over the darn place.