Sunday, July 8

MNSCS BLUFF "reckless abandon"

Thanks Jake, skinnyski, Paul's Dad, an Dana for pics. I'm 3rd 1st corner, ha ha. Race was HOT near 100' WOW. Duncan decided no race, sleepover instead. No prob dude. No prolouge due to the heat. I decided to go out full-on. Last year I won comp overall w/strong start to help.. sheeze... Expert is different. I hit first turn 3rd behind Paul & Justin, faded quick. Sketched my rear tire in front of someone on up climb too. Sorry about my traffic guys, fun while it lasted! The race went good for 4 laps, passed 3or4 & stayed on gas convincingly. Finally on start of 5th lap entry climb I faded. Lost 3rd in 35+ age slipping 2 spots. Me lamo! Barry got me later too. I couldn't push anymore. Fell from 13th to 16th OA of 28. Not bad, want more. Priorities. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

RS-
Good work!

Would have partaken in the mix had it not been for an ongoing 5 day bout with the capital F... Flu.

Too bad we had a DNF thus no team points... Kicked in the shin once again...

Hopefully Buck on Thurs...

Over?

HEATH said...

Duncan says we will be at Buck Thursday. Recover from the F, later.

Anonymous said...

No Gloves??? Is that your secret weapon this year???

HEATH said...

Busted. My very first series race, Spring Cup 2005, was so nervious I forgot to put one glove on after strapping tranceiver on angle. By the time I realized it was too late, I raced as a one glove wonder. Ever since then realized don't mind going disco w/o gloves. So when it's hot out...absolutley no gloves!!