Thursday, July 26

Buck 7/26 SS 29'er, Good n' Not So Much

The Not So Much: Duncan crashed good. It's been a busy week for him including braces put on today. He hit his head on course tonight. Thanks trail patrol guy who was racing that stopped. When mom showed up (she was racing too), Duncan was still asking what happened. He's come around fine & remembers the situation now. Basically he hit a log & went KityWampUs, yah know, OTB. He seems to be ok now. We'll watch for 24hrs. They both dnf'ed. I'm glad everything turned out ok. I heard them cheering for me & later shared I'd have stopped. Mom decided I should keep going so never said anything... The Good: No dust, bit of rain & my race rocked. I went out normal, fast, knowing I had it going-on today. The start was moderate. Brendan was just moving along (pre-9-Mile24 pace). When I cleared traffic & saw Brendan I also saw Guse. Guse yelled out foul words & hammered past Brendan. It was classic. Barry said he'll pay. And he did. At the top of the first hill I was 3rd. The 1st lap was fine (perhaps a little agressive for me). I kept Brendan in sight for 1/2 lap. Regulars Fisher & Oftendahl we're absent, as we're a few other un-regular fast guys. By the time 2nd lap started I was hurting on SS. Same as week before I let John, Barry, & Dave (& even Ed this week) go by. I wouldn't call my technueqe riding up lap 2 hill. Stayed course & recovered catching this group by end of 3 begin of lap 4....my plan. Dave was too far ahead but John, Ed, & Barry, in sight! The guy who was in 2nd on 1st lap dropped, Dave was 2nd. My high HR & output earlier this week gave me hope. Yep, caught'em all. Ed re-surged & countered last half of lap 4 but I stayed on him & passed on switchbacks. I pushed it, it was my night. 3RD overall. Even though a few fast guys we're out, I'll take it!! Who cares about Red Wing. Click results pics on left (I also have previous Buck results in previous posts). Also note link to official Penn/Buck/Race/Results right boarder of webpage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RS Junior- Hope your feeling better!!!

RS Senior- Good work. I'm still flat as a pancake, but will not be tapped out, must knock out...

Most of the riddlers will be at 9Mile circling hard, it's all prep for the Afton two four... Out.

Anonymous said...

Heath,
I believe my exact words were "let's go you slow sons of bitc-s". Turns out the slow one was me. Oh well, live and learn.
Guse

HEATH said...

Mr.T- go get some syrup for pancake if not right!! 2-4 soon 10-4.

G.Man-you we're mad dog after rabbit!! Total stand & crank action. The words just made it plain good O' humor. Let's ride again.