I chose not to do the SS race, maybe next year. It looked like fun. With new puppy at home decided not to go to DuLac for the day. Went to the Murphy Menace race simply looking for a low key training ride. My legs we're still hurting from Hillside Thursday night and don't think I recovered fully from Pierre's Hole yet.
Off the start legs hurt. Streise went by to lead out the prairie. I figured it would be a long day. I caught Dan on my SS in the woods and went by at the intersection. My goal was keep it steady for 4 laps. The SS gear was perfect and kept me steady speed. The rear captain tire was a little low but never peeled off. It just felt slippery on off-camber sweepers.
For three laps I was off the front watching the prairie each lap for challengers. I was gaping Dan but saw Lonnie in the mix. I never saw anyone coming. It was my first time at Murphy this year. Guess I didn't have it figured out cause Lonnie came out of nowhere!! Yeah I hit a tree right before the final pre-intersection whopp-de climb section. Lonnie was there and with gears hungry. I ended second place. Not bad for a training ride. Not good at all as I'm 1st looooser again. Ha! Results
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
#2
pie
arrrgh
Post a Comment