Sunday, January 8

FOUND then HILLSIDE PUG RACE

FOUND THURSDAY NIGHT AT RIVER

SS PUG at HILLSIDE for 2nd of 37. Nates
The race was fun. Duncan did a lap on my Dad's Pug. Leo was hacking around the fire pit. Good to have them around. More snow than expected. Trail was 70% white-ish, icey in spots, not wet (but was warming). I like many crashed on stairs lap 2. Went down on ice patch later in lap2 as well. All good.

Off the start Ben got the hole shot. I followed with Brendan close behind waiting. I let Ben get away a bit as I figured out signals the SS Pug was giving me legs. Huh, me legs we're good. Brendan passed near end of prologue woods. Game on. Across parking lot to start of lap1 surprised no one was on my wheel. I made myself back off. My goal was to focus on staying ahead of pack and be smooth. It worked, ss focus with the punchy Hillside mini charges. In first section I caught Ben, Jeff stayed in sight behind me, and of course Brendan was gone. I started to gap Jeff and the field in hilly section 4 It was then comfy til lap two.

Lap two the SS started giving the workout I was after. I kept it going. Later I could see Owen working his way up. Dave, Jeff, we're 15-30 seconds back Barry and others not too far behind either. I was able to mange my position all day. The gap stuck, ended second overall Pugs with Nates & 32x19. Looking forward to recovery and more riding (want snow!)

No comments: