Monday, October 11

Theo Cyclocross ? 45+

First CX race ever for Duncan, second for me. I had a ton of fun cheering on Duncan as he hauled his 29'er SS with 2.2 & 2.0 tires. He ran the stairs 4 times. Nice job D-Man!! He had a great day at CX race and hanging with kids his age on the trails. I can't find pics of D-man. Help. .

This was my second CX race ever. 45+ for 45minutes. 7th oa. It went better than that one Tuesday night. My wheel stayed on and my rear brake had two pads (brake worked). Pictures from i bike mpls and skinny ski. .

Recap: I hit the top of start climb in about 6th by Mike Phillips? I don't know most of these guys. At 36x19 29'er my gearing was a little spinny!! 30 wide tires we're ok. I had trouble keeping contact with lead group mid lap 1, or was it 2? Blurry was I. .

I recall Wallace going by & Thorny leading. Although I saw Wallace contact lead group only 7 seconds ahead I could not muster a bridge(that was the time!!!) Later in race...Piotr passed me then I passed him back. Thorny faded, then got my back, then I passed him once again. Charlie & John T got me but I passed them both back later. In the end I stayed ahead of Charlie. John T got by and too close to the finish line to catch finished 3 seconds ahead in 6th.

Check out Patty's crash video!! Patty goes down! Results Oh was that Mike behind in the mud pic, I heard the crash, lap1. I'm liking the vibe, people and tourture of the CX!! later

1 comment:

KGB said...

New nut to crack? Are you using the chompers tonight?