Sunday, April 11
Buck Hill & Ragnarok
After the suffer of 100+ gravel miles O'Rag I'm looking forward to Buck Hill. 2010 Buck Info Yep, an hour of all out sounds good right now. But alas, my legs are toast!! !
My results at rag not the best this year. The Rag site has some pictures linked too. One heck of a great day!!!
Going up the first climb with leaders bionics we're missing. Last year on SS 3 KOM's climbs we're mine scored 3rd in KOM, not this year. The bridging back to the lead pack got harder & harder after each climb. At one point while in the second group I saw the leaders and took a hammer for'em. I was flying but took a wrong turn down a 1 mile hill. Whoops. Once back on course I passed 3 groups and one solo finally settling in with Drew. He pulled me for many miles. He took a nice crash going from pavement to dirt. I almost ran him over. The crash forced him out as later as he was going backwards? Last 25 miles or so I went solo ending 14th just under 7hrs.
Lagging race results are no surprise. Last 5 weeks with Rag inclusive legs have seen five 4hr+ rides, half on gravel, all but one on SS, near 9 hr weeks consecutively. Before these said weeks weekly totals we're 4 hours at most. The legs we're telling for last few weeks to back off. But riding is so much fun!!!!! Welcome sunny days ahead. Rest week.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really missed you charging for the KOM points. It was fun to watch last year as this year Ek didn't seem to have many challenging him. I too hope to make it to Buck some, see you there!
"Squrl it's a right turn!!!" "Hey everybody, look at your maps, it says right turn..." "Squrl, we are going this way!!!"
=8
Post a Comment