Monday, October 13

Out of Austin City Limits

So went to Austin on business, did a MTB race after customer meeting. Bottom line I put in 2.5 hrs pre-ride the day before, then raced 2x9 rigid near 2.5 hrs the next morning. With prior day Amex expense, customer outing, pre-fat and drink up w/89 degree goodness......it was the best worst effort all year!!!

It was Bryan Lake Pedal Power, 3rd TMBRA series race. Flat like river bottoms. Twisty like St Cloud and bumpy like Du Lac it was A'ok. It was a good time. Like this, forward to middle of vid..... The top ten Pro's got the call up, then the rest of us behind. Experts started in following wave minutes behind. Anyway I mustered myself into 5th before woods and proceeded to wheeze out the remainder of my chest and head cold looming from prior weekend Hillside night race (fire/smoke/allergies/then evolving into greenies in throat n head). Gurgling & wheezing trying to hold onto lead pack was interesting.... Seriously, crazy wheez n DRY DUST coughing!!! Nice way to start a race.

I settled in about 7th then proceeded to slowly fade into 13th of 16 Pro/Semi's by end of 2hr21min race. Single Speed would have been better for me. Overall 16th of 45 or so Cat1's. All good. I finished ~12 min off leaders, sorta consistant, too bad wheezy & tourist FAT. At least didn't do expert 40+, they only race an 1.5hrs. ....L A T E R

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riddle decoded...

Next time in Texass just wear your cold weather thermo and you'll sweat out the poison...

FG out.

Thurs night Down By River LCR beatdowns to start when things don't make sense...

Anonymous said...

Is this how it ends?
16th place?
Sad.

HEATH said...

It sounds like accourdink to mis-fit P, cold weather gear rules sooner than later. I wouldn't expect any less from me or more from mP as it's ney a rare poster who creates humor.