Saturday, May 27
I never crash....yet....
Hey, my first day with a blog and I have something real to post.
Last night Duncan had a sleepover b-day party w/a bunch of boys. After we returned from grand slam I set the tent up. They all proceeded to scream, yell and giggle until 12:30am regardless of what we instructed from our bedroom window. I'm sure the hood appreciated it. They we're having fun. Then they woke up at 5:30am doing the same thing!! Needless to say my am bike plans didn't sound so good anymore.
Anyway, by 10am mom had errands to run. Alta was at a friends, Leo and Duncan we're off with Mom. Mom said go ride for a few if you want, how cool is that. Don't have to tell me twice. I took off from my house and hit theo.
Lap number one was a blast, spinning on the single with a HR 20 beats lower than race pace. Still I was moving just fine. My pedals hit things a few times during the lap......hmmm. At the end of the first lap, at the triangle entrance, I flew by a few guys sitting on the ground (stupid move at trail entrance anyhow).
Immeadiatly after seeing them on the left my pedal hit a rock and I goal posted, superman style between two trees. Wow!! I heard the pop of the pedal and remember flying through the air knowing my bike was going way under me and the front wheel was skewed way left too. Going down, arms out and slam!! I rolled not even trying. My shoulder got nailed and my elbow way scrapped, but ok. With marks on both arms and back too, sore but will be just fine. The road id was still there and I wasn't broken....three more laps.
I flew at least 8ft. My bike left a gash in the dirt 8ft from the 8 inch granite rock hidden in the grass on left. The woods have a flattened down section where my carcase stopped. Nice. Can't believe I made it through those trees without bike/body hitting. Good line, lucky me today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment